Wednesday 31 July 2013

RESOURCES


I wanted to share with you today another homewares website that I discovered a couple of weeks ago. It is called Dunlin and what I like most about it, is that the products that they sell are very unique and in keeping with a contemporary, fresh and industrial vibe. A style which is also very 'right now,' as the products as well as being cool are functional. Also, they have some really great show stopping pendant lighting selections which I could not go past. Like I have mentioned many of times, putting a look together does not mean shopping all in the one place, it means having resources and many different place of reference. As you can imagine my list of references and resources is very long and I intend for it to double and triple constantly as I discover new and different collections and suppliers. That way whenever you are looking for that one thing that no one else has you will be able to find it somewhere in your list of resources. 

What I also really liked about Dunlin is that they showcased the manufacturing process of their exclusive Stanley pendants, which are individually made on demand. I find that it is very important to know where your products come from and how they are made especially if they are commissioned pieces or expensive unique pieces. Everything has a story behind it and every artist and designer has their own way of developing and conceptualising their ideas and then turning them into reality.  So I find it really adds to the value and greatness of a furniture, artwork, lighting etc when you know the story behind it, why it was made and how.

This brings me to the rest of today's post about Dunlin and the Stanley copper and brass pendants. Metals are also materials that are becoming more and more in trend at the moment and these are the perfect pendants that can that element of warmth or industrial feel to your kitchen or dining area. Also it is very cool to see how each one is individually made with an interesting insight into the manufacturing process of these great lights.


 









Make sure to stop by and have a look through this great contemporary homewares site Dunlin and maybe even add it to your resource list. 

All images and video sourced from Dunlin website.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to comment below if there is anything new you would like me to feature on the blog. 

Have a great evening, 

JDZ x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...