Thursday 2 October 2014

THINK LIKE AN INTERIOR DESIGNER


I cannot help but examine whenever I walk into a space, it can be any space, a new hotel, restaurant I am eating at, home etc. I love taking in all of the different elements and I always ALWAYS look up, which by the way not many people do… really there is a ceiling? Lots can be
achieved when it comes to a ceiling. I love touching walls and often feel like a bit of an odd ball when I secretly try and feel the wall to see what kind of finish it is, especially if it is a wallpaper, 
material, metal or timber… I cannot help it, it is built in.

When it comes to renovating and designing a home, these are kind of details that we as interior designer think about when planning. We also very much consider how the space is going to be used and experienced. It is a pretty difficult skill but if you can get it right and nurture it, you can 
become a real pro at understanding how to best use a space and how to make the most of what 
you have.


Here are my top five favourite things to look and how to think like an Interior Designer when you are knee deep in your next renovation.

1. Symmetry 

2. Zoning 

3. Light 

4. Scale 

5. Little Details 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...